PDA

View Full Version : Howto Installed feodra core 2 test 2 without cd-rom

Jami
5th April 2004, 07:31 AM
is it possible to installed feodra core 2 test 2 from ms dos using iso images without burning cds.

ghenry
5th April 2004, 09:03 AM
I think so. I think you can have the extracted iso's on a FAT partition and install them from there.

Maybe someone else can confirm?

Jami
5th April 2004, 11:09 AM
No i have only iso images on my fat partition

ghenry
5th April 2004, 11:48 AM
You can use a program called Winrar to extract them in windows.

Jami
5th April 2004, 12:02 PM
ok i will do but what next to do after extracting in order to install FC2T2

ghenry
5th April 2004, 08:50 PM
When you are asked for where to install Fedora from, point it to the partirion you extracted the isos to.

rooty
5th April 2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by ghenry
When you are asked for where to install Fedora from, point it to the partirion you extracted the isos to.

You sure this is how it can be done? ISOs are just images, and installing from those (hard drive method) is a pancake. Just put them in one folder on your FAT partition->boot from floppy->choose graphical installation->install from hard drive->point to your FAT directory with fedora ISOs (let that be hdb1, or something else).

ghenry
5th April 2004, 10:53 PM
That's what I thought he was trying to do.

Something somewhere must be mounted wrong.

chemphi
8th April 2004, 01:59 PM
i'm also trying to install Fedora directly from hard disk the same way. But every time i pointed the disk .iso images located, the system said there's something wrong.
i wonder if installation without a CD-rom can be successful.

gonzalo76
8th April 2004, 03:38 PM
Red Hat Linux 9: Red Hat Linux x86 Installation Guide

Chapter 3. Installing Red Hat Linux

3.6 Installing from a Hard Drive (http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/install-guide/s1-begininstall-hd.html)