PDA

View Full Version : monitor out of range

kriskct
12th July 2006, 11:04 PM
I have FC5 up and running and everything worked fine on my dell crt monitor. However when I plugged in my viewsonic va912b the monitor says out of range. the video card in my box is a pc chips ag315e-32. is this a video card problem or a settings problem in linux?

bob
13th July 2006, 01:48 AM
Okay, try going in with your old monitor and, as root (su -) type "system-config-display" and then adjust the settings to correspond to your new monitor. Shut down, plug in the new monitor and boot to see if all's okay. If still a problem, you might adjust /etc/X11/xorg.conf to add all the important data.

kriskct
13th July 2006, 01:54 AM
I had edited the xorg.conf file earlier today and got the monitor to display. Did notice then in both the crt and the viewsonic lcd everything is very blurry. I set all the monitors parameters to what was recommended on the manufacturers websites but still blury. I will try the first thing you said as well to see if that helps.

kriskct
13th July 2006, 08:10 PM
tried both ways, still have a blury screen. I think it is just the video card. However, at least the monitor does work now.

markjensen
13th July 2006, 08:20 PM
With both an LCD and CRT plugged into most cards, you can expect some signal loss/degradation.

kriskct
13th July 2006, 08:41 PM
it is blury with only 1 monitor plugged in at a time.