PDA

View Full Version : Real Player - No .rm video

Liticovjesac
9th July 2006, 08:24 AM
Hi,
my real player have some issue with rm files. After a days of using (sometimes months) it loose posibility to show picture ( video) from rm files or streams. I have just sound.
Since I'm using FC from version 3 (now on 5) I notice that every time when I do clean install of new version of OS and then install all apps from begining (including realp) , RP works fine. Than, just one day it doesn't show video.
Any idea?

Dumbledore
10th July 2006, 07:51 PM
Try changing SELinux from "enforcing" to "permissive". Sometimes the enforcing setting has a problem with the streams.

Liticovjesac
10th July 2006, 08:16 PM
SELinux is disabled. It must be something else. Thanx anyway.

Thetargos
10th July 2006, 09:52 PM
From my experience, this has more to do with X updates more than anything else. Actually, the most noted common factor is that if I disable X Video acceleration (XV) in Real Player, video is shown again. The problem with that is you may see the video a bit sluggish or RP using way too much CPU cycles, since X Video helps with that, relegating some tasks to the GPU, rather than the CPU. Why is RP's XV implementation so weak to X updates? I'm not sure, but at least in my case, that's been the case since Red Hat 8 ;)