PDA

View Full Version : Sata Install...

jaimeomg
8th July 2006, 07:50 PM
Hi everyone,
This is my first post here and hopefully will be the start of a long "friendship".
Well, my problem may be a simple one but i've tried searching here and can't see the same topic so hopefully i'm not repeating this:
I'm trying to install Win XP x64 on a new system and i simply can't install the SATA drivers. I press f6, then "S" and then insert my driver floppy but it just thinks about it for a few seconds then presents the "Insert Disc" screen again...this just goes on and on...it never gets past this point
I'm sure the floppy is fine, the floppys' i've made using the drivers from the mobo cd are fine, and i'm "sure" the actual floppy drive is fine.
My specs are:

Abit AV8 Mobo...
WD 250gb Sata2...
Athlon64 3500+ Venice...
1gb DDR400 Ram...

If you need more info please ask!!!

jcliburn
9th July 2006, 12:53 AM
I have the same motherboard and just finished installing Fedora Core 6 Test 1 on a new Samsung 160GB SATA drive.

Stupid question number 1: Did you jumper the pinblock to make the drive operates in SATA 1 mode? The AV8 doesn't support SATA 2.

tox_yray
9th July 2006, 04:24 AM
Hi everyone,
This is my first post here and hopefully will be the start of a long "friendship".
Well, my problem may be a simple one but i've tried searching here and can't see the same topic so hopefully i'm not repeating this:
I'm trying to install Win XP x64 on a new system and i simply can't install the SATA drivers. I press f6, then "S" and then insert my driver floppy but it just thinks about it for a few seconds then presents the "Insert Disc" screen again...this just goes on and on...it never gets past this point
I'm sure the floppy is fine, the floppys' i've made using the drivers from the mobo cd are fine, and i'm "sure" the actual floppy drive is fine.
My specs are:

Abit AV8 Mobo...
WD 250gb Sata2...
Athlon64 3500+ Venice...
1gb DDR400 Ram...

If you need more info please ask!!!

Obviously you won't find any answers here concerning WinXP x64... This is a Linux forum (Fedora is one of many Linux OS Distributions). Although we will help you all we can with this problem (hey, you might just have your solution already), well, you won't find much Windows answers around here.

No hate here though. I am not a Windows hater (I run Linux for school purposes). I am telling you this just so you know.