PDA

View Full Version : Hard-disk MP3 player support in FC5?

MoeMan
3rd July 2006, 08:53 PM
I own an iRiver H10 20GB mp3 player but I can't figure out how to make it work on FC5, can someone help me please?

Nels664868
3rd July 2006, 10:38 PM
The iRiver H10 comes with firmware that only works with the windows or mac drivers but,
you can update the firmware so that the H10 will behave like a masstorage device (ie. usb diskdrive)
look at this site
http://www.iriver.com/html/support/download/sudw_list.asp?searchProductIdx=61&searchCategoryIdx=1&searchString=&page=1&idx=&tmpSearchProductIdx=61&tmpSearchCategoryIdx=1&tmpSearchString=

you will need windows or a mac to upgrade the firmware
choose the firmware to up date that has 'UMS' in name.

nels

MoeMan
4th July 2006, 02:58 AM
Thanks, ive spent alot of time today looking to fix that.

MoeMan
5th July 2006, 12:01 AM
I've just logged onto windows and I downloaded the driver you indicated, but it won't recognize my H10 at the step where it asks to plug it in and turn it on. (although I did that a couple times) I think that this is because my H10 came with the MTP firmware and therefore I cannot install the UMS firmware. I know about the iFP drivers for linux but I read those are just for iRiver flash players and would not help me with my Hard driver player. Any other suggestions?

MoeMan
5th July 2006, 12:39 AM
I just read about a UMS trick. You shut down your player, reset it, than turn it on holding the 'o' button. It will boot into Emergence Connection Mode and Linux will recognize it as an USB Mass Storage Device, using a program called EasyH10 you can update the database on it and drag files onto it. But is there a way to make it always act like a UMS type mp3 player.