PDA

View Full Version : How to edit music file info?

aero-z
30th June 2006, 12:14 PM
Hi,

I'm confused. How can I edit an mp3 file info (album, track number, year etc)? I can see properties window with Rhythmbox but I can't edit anything. :(

Wayne
30th June 2006, 12:30 PM
Hi,

I'm confused. How can I edit an mp3 file info (album, track number, year etc)? I can see properties window with Rhythmbox but I can't edit anything. :(

Install easytag with yum

Wayne

aero-z
30th June 2006, 02:09 PM
easytag is a full program. Any idea why I cant change the info inside Rhythmbox? I don't understand why the even are those boxes available if you cant change the text inside :confused:

Wayne
30th June 2006, 02:14 PM
easytag is a full program. Any idea why I cant change the info inside Rhythmbox? I don't understand why the even are those boxes available if you cant change the text inside :confused:

Editing tags in Rhythmbox is still experimental and not fully implemented. They also suggest installing easytag. Check the FAQ for details.

Wayne

aero-z
30th June 2006, 03:02 PM
Editing tags in Rhythmbox is still experimental and not fully implemented. They also suggest installing easytag. Check the FAQ for details.

Wayne
OK, thanks for the tips anyways. I will use EasyTAG then until they have implemented the tag editing for Rhythmbox

freak
30th June 2006, 08:11 PM
in bmp you can change the information.

btw, you can use easytag or audio tag tool (http://pwp.netcabo.pt/paol/tagtool/). they're both equally great.