PDA

View Full Version : Adding a printer

Snowflake
27th June 2006, 05:09 PM
I am trying to add a Kyocera printer that is on a network to my FC4 box. The server that the printer is on is windows (i think) and other computers that use it are windows (if any of that matters). I tried using a article under the howto section of this forum but after looking at it don't think that it was quite what i needed. I am having to access it by way of ip addy and do not know what the queue name is (unless it is also the printer's name). I have got the add a new printer screen up but don't know which one of the options (ex: CUPS, UNIX) to use. Help would be greatly appreciated!

Jman
28th June 2006, 02:08 AM
I am having to access it by way of ip addy and do not know what the queue name is (unless it is also the printer's name). I have got the add a new printer screen up but don't know which one of the options (ex: CUPS, UNIX) to use. Help would be greatly appreciated!
You need to setup a SMB queue, which is Windows. Share name is the name it was shared as in Windows. Share paths look something like \\ip\printer if you ever see these in the Windows printer list.