PDA

View Full Version : LiveCD on latopp

jwspring
26th June 2006, 01:35 AM
I'm attempting to create a livecd on my laptop using kadsichi.
Running the command
kadischi http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/5/i386/os /home/myuser/tmp/fedora-live.iso
reports the following fatal error.

Traceback (most recent call last): ↑ │
│ File "/usr/sbin/anaconda", line 1242, in ? ▮ │
│ intf.run(id, dispatch) ▒ │
│ File "/usr/lib/anaconda/text.py", line ▒ │
│ 512, in run ▒ │
│ rc = apply(win, (self.screen, ) + args) ▒ │
│ File ▒ │
│ "/usr/lib/anaconda/textw/network_text.py", ▒ │
│ line 207, in __call__ ▒ │
│ list.sort(cmp=isys.compareNetDevices) ▒ │
│ File "/usr/lib/anaconda/isys.py", line ▒ │
│ 526, in compareNetDevices ↓ │

using the debugger to identify the args causing the error ATH0 is my wireless card.
How do I get past this error. Even with the wireless card deactivated and the ethernet card active still errors this way.

/usr/lib/anaconda/isys.py(526)compareNetDevices()
-> trimmed_first = int(first.lstrip(string.letters))
(Pdb) args
first = cipsec
second = ath0

scotta3234
26th June 2006, 02:10 AM
Have you ever looked at or considered trying to remaster a knoppix cd with the apps you need? They have a nice guide for it.

jwspring
26th June 2006, 02:48 AM
Not really. My goal ibuild my own.

jwspring
27th June 2006, 05:01 AM
My issue with kadischi failing was due to vpnclient running. I stopped vpnclient and network device cipsec0 disappeared. The livecd process continued on past this previous error.
James

voodoospace
11th August 2006, 11:41 AM
you people are slow... I already did it.... i showed a redhat enginer at work... he told me i created a very usefull producted.... the DEV people at red hat are slow... The funny thing is ...... i have been playing with linux for 6 months if that... i have learned to write scripts......... I'm senting redhat an email later.... i have been up for 2 days and im tired.... The red hat enginer Terry from england... lives in richmond VA........ lol to funny.... You should have seen his face... I didn't know what tar was before Xmas..... and he knows it......because i would bug the hell of out him.......... i showed him on.. dam what day is it....... wensday i think.......... I call it DSoL and its Fedora core 5, RHEL 4 ........ straight up..... 1.63 gig image.... cruched down to 434.1 megs... I don't make the products you use. I just make the better......... DSoL " DarkSide of Linux " ..................lol gueeee interface and all....... vnc server, Http, what ever you want......... sorry about the spelling... i can bearly see the screen................. when you float is the black void.. looking in to Darkness... I will be looking right back at you................... DSoL

bob
11th August 2006, 10:49 PM
Get some sleep. You need it, my friend.