PDA

View Full Version : Yum/rpm

a550ee
23rd June 2006, 06:28 AM
Hello!
I have keepcache=0 setting in /etc/yum.conf , so after updating my os all installed packages were wiped out.
Is there a way to somehow rebuild all installed packages in rpms to avoid download next time os would be reinstalled?

Thetargos
23rd June 2006, 08:30 AM
Hello!
I have keepcache=0 setting in /etc/yum.conf , so after updating my os all installed packages were wiped out.
Is there a way to somehow rebuild all installed packages in rpms to avoid download next time os would be reinstalled?
Well, what I usually do is to download all the updates, burn a DVD and install with rpm -Fvh from the DVD et voilą

Jman
25th June 2006, 10:25 PM
Hello!
If you want yum to save the packages to the /var/cache/yum location set keepcache=1.

a550ee
25th June 2006, 10:35 PM
Hello!
Thanks for interesting in my problem. But! The question was "what can i do if pacages already installed and cache already cleared? can i somehow rebuild them back to rpms?".
I've already tried 'man yum', so i know what keepcache is and i know how to save packages i will install/update from now on. This topic deals with packages already installed and removed from cache.