PDA

View Full Version : Google Earth for Linux

grndplane
17th June 2006, 01:33 PM
I just installed Google Earth on Fedora Core 4 and it is working perfectly and very fast. This a true linux program and comes as a bin file. It says it was tested on Core 5, but it also works fine in Core 4. When you go to the Google Earth site click on the beta download and then you will find the Linux version. Another great program from Google. Thanks Google for doing it again, and supporting Linux. :)

Christy
17th June 2006, 01:41 PM
I was very excited when I found out that Google Earch was finally released for Linux. Installed it as soon as i was told about it. Have had a little trouble with stability, but it runs fairly well :)

grndplane
17th June 2006, 01:46 PM
Stability is good for me. How long as this been available? I just noticed it this morning, and I check the Google site pretty often.

jtang613
17th June 2006, 02:15 PM
Stability is good for me. How long as this been available? I just noticed it this morning, and I check the Google site pretty often.
See this thread:
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=113231

grndplane
17th June 2006, 02:27 PM
Sorry didn't realize that there was another forum topic on this. Guess I am about 5 days behind times and I got excited. :-)

BandC
19th June 2006, 07:15 PM
For those who installed it: Is there a way/instructions on how to uninstall it or upgrade it when there is a new version available?

u-noneinc-s
19th June 2006, 08:24 PM
There is an "uninstall" script in ~/google-earth (or whatever other dir you may have chosen to install it in).