PDA

View Full Version : Help with install

goobnorton
12th June 2006, 01:52 PM
Help! I just recently became interested in Linux and asked a friend to help install Fedora 5
on my computer, but I think he has screwed the installation up. After reading some literature
I discovered that the hard drive should be partitioned to allow for both XP and Fedora on the same drive. He did not do this and now I can't access either operating system. Is there a way to back out of the Fedora installation in order to partition and install properly while saving

goobnorton
12th June 2006, 01:56 PM
[QUOTE=goobnorton]Help! I just recently became interested in Linux and asked a friend to help install Fedora 5
on my computer, but I think he has screwed the installation up. After reading some literature
I discovered that the hard drive should be partitioned to allow for both XP and Fedora on the same drive. He did not do this and now I can't access either operating system. Is there a way to back out of the Fedora installation in order to partition and install properly while saving all of my XP data on that drive? Thanks for any information

markkuk
12th June 2006, 03:08 PM
After reading some literature
I discovered that the hard drive should be partitioned to allow for both XP and Fedora on the same drive. He did not do this and now I can't access either operating system.
So, what did he do instead? If he chose to delete the existing Windows partition, then it's gone forever. Exactly what happens when you try to boot your machine?