PDA

View Full Version : adding a repo in Yumex

Joe48
9th June 2006, 10:24 AM
Is ther a way to add a repo in yumex ?
Thanks Joe48

aero-z
9th June 2006, 11:38 AM
I don't understand the question. Do you want to add repo to yumex or you are asking if ycan do it inside the program?

aero-z
9th June 2006, 11:38 AM
I don't understand the question. Do you want to add repo to yumex or you are asking if can do it inside the program?

MAnix
9th June 2006, 11:48 AM
http://stanton-finley.net/fedora_core_5_installation_notes.html#Yum

check that guide out. will tell you how to add a repo. command line isnt scary so shouldnt be a problem.

AlphOmega
9th June 2006, 11:55 AM
I had a version of Yumex that had a GUI option for adding repos, all you did was check the box and click ADD. Very good idea. I didnt get this version of Yumex through Yum and cant remember what version number it was or where I downloaded it from.

After a nasty hard drive crash, Ive had to re-install everything.

Does anyone know what version of Yumex this was?

MAnix
9th June 2006, 01:15 PM
well i dont know what version it was, but i dont think it is tht hard to set up a repo, outside of the gui.

if you can use a text editor, the you can add a repo. follow the instructions on that guide i posted. it is easy as anything so i cant see you having trouble. then use yumex to do all the install, it uses the same repos as it is just a GUI front end to Yum...

Post back if you have trouble with the instructions and i shall help you...

MAniX

u-noneinc-s
9th June 2006, 10:21 PM
I had a version of Yumex that had a GUI option for adding repos, all you did was check the box and click ADD. Very good idea. I didnt get this version of Yumex through Yum and cant remember what version number it was or where I downloaded it from.

After a nasty hard drive crash, Ive had to re-install everything.

Does anyone know what version of Yumex this was?I believe that was an FC3 release of yumex. I was just mentioning that in another thread a couple days ago. Personally, I liked the command options it had.
All the yum commands available with a click not just update/install/remove, but the list options gooup install/remove etc.

Check out the FC3 repos (probably extras), but I doubt it will still work in FC5. If it does, bu all means let us know.

u-noneinc-s
9th June 2006, 10:26 PM
Try here? ftp://ftp.pbone.net/mirror/ftp.sourceforge.net/pub/sourceforge/y/yu/yumex/yumex-0.32-8.tla.1.FC3.noarch.rpm