[root@husky ~]# rpm -q sysstat
package sysstat is not installed

and yum can't get hold of the supply

[root@husky ~]# yum install systat
Loading "installonlyn" plugin
Setting up Install Process
Setting up repositories
core [1/3]
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/5/i386/os/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 4] IOError: <urlopen error (11, 'Resource temporarily unavailable')>
Trying other mirror.
Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: core
failure: repodata/repomd.xml from core: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
Error: failure: repodata/repomd.xml from core: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

All hints welcome

Jman
6th June 2006, 02:49 AM
Try again, I think download.fedora.redhat.com is working again.

rjs
6th June 2006, 03:38 AM
It must be me... I had to un-comment the baseurl line in the original fedora-core.repo to get anything at all and I'm still getting 'Resource temorarily unavailable'. However, I can click on the link (in the ascii output of yum!!) and get to the repomd.xml file, so I'm definitely confused on what is the source of the error. Thanks for letting me know the site is up though.

rjs
6th June 2006, 03:50 AM
I forgot to mention that this machine was upgraded from something ancient like redhat 9.

u-noneinc-s
6th June 2006, 04:18 AM
Have you succesfully used yum since the system was upgraded? "Perhaps" you need to install the fedora-release-5.5.rpm
package.

rjs
6th June 2006, 04:22 AM
No, I don't think I've seen it work. sysstat was the first pkg I didn't have (which oracle-10 wants).
I'll try that pkg (manually of course)

u-noneinc-s
6th June 2006, 04:31 AM
First, mv /etc/yum.repos.d somewhere out of the way so they don't conflict. Alternative would be to DL sysstat and install it manually (but it would be nice to have yum working)

Edit: I'm confused now. reading your first post indicates install of fc5 and your last thread indicates upgrade.
If you meant you upgraded to fc5 by doing a clean install, fedora-release should have been installed with it.

rpm -qa |grep fedora-release see if it's installed.

rjs
6th June 2006, 05:06 AM
ok, got sysstat rpm from my isp (xmission.com - a beautiful thing). Will obviously have to work on yum, but my oracle install will have to come first

wshawn
16th August 2006, 11:57 AM
sysstat now installs with yum...