PDA

View Full Version : FC5 always reboots to Mac Partition

tommywds
5th June 2006, 08:52 PM
Hi Guys

I really hope someone can help me out there. I have just installed FC5 on an G4 Mirror Door. Insterlation went well and everything seams ok, apart from the missing sound, but hey I'm having it as a server so that not a problem.

What is a problem however is when ever I reboot either from GNOME or Terminal the mac always trys to reboot to the mac partition (which does not exist) I only have FC5 on the mac, i removed OSX!

When the mac reboots I get a flashing question mark which is open firmware looking for a partition. However when I boot from cold everything boots up to linux OK!

This is causing a huge problem for me rebooting remotly obviously.

Thanks in advance!

Tom

Thetargos
8th June 2006, 04:53 AM
I'm no Mac expert or anything... Is there any way you can tell OpenFirmware what parition is the "primary" partition? Is OpenFirmware sort of a boot loader too, so that you can parse boot stuff from your OS to it? I'm terribly sorry if I'm speaking nonsense, as I have never owned a Mac, and the ones I've used were at school (and never booted one from either cold or reboot)

pescobar
10th June 2006, 05:41 AM
Run "ybin -v" as root. This should redirect your nvram setting to your linux partition if your yaboot.conf is configured correctly.

Firewing1
10th June 2006, 05:54 AM
Checkout your /etc/yaboot.conf file and make sure Linux is the default.
Firewing1