PDA

View Full Version : Real player

stipi69
2nd June 2006, 08:22 PM
i installed real player as root, when i log in with my other account it doesnt work, wht is the problem? must i set privileges to my account?

diamond
2nd June 2006, 08:29 PM
I'm not sure if this will work, but have you tried opening it from the terminal? I personally don't use realplayer, but I think there are normally files installed with personal settings beginning with a (.->these files are hidden). If it doesn't work from the terminal, try copying the files from your root directory and chmod them.

Hope some of this helps.

stipi69
2nd June 2006, 08:37 PM
thanks, but i think i wount be dealing with real player anny longer now, can you tell me which player to download, so that i could watch .avi .mpeg and so on (allso which cocec should i get... i am new to linux)

smfinley
2nd June 2006, 08:44 PM
There are a couple of other things you have to do. See the RealPlayer and other multimedia sections of Fedora Core 5 Installation Notes (http://stanton-finley.net/fedora_core_5_installation_notes.html).

stipi69
2nd June 2006, 08:54 PM
[root@localhost ~]# su -
[root@localhost ~]# yum -y install mplayer mplayer-skins mplayer-fonts
Loading "installonlyn" plugin
Setting up Install Process
Setting up repositories
core [1/3]
updates [2/3]
extras [3/3]
Reading repository metadata in from local files
Parsing package install arguments
No Match for argument: mplayer
No Match for argument: mplayer-skins
No Match for argument: mplayer-fonts
Nothing to do
[root@localhost ~]#

this is what i get, when i try to get mplayer???

diamond
2nd June 2006, 08:54 PM
thanks, but i think i wount be dealing with real player anny longer now, can you tell me which player to download, so that i could watch .avi .mpeg and so on (allso which cocec should i get... i am new to linux)

Install the codecs mentioned in the xine section of the fedora core 5 installation notes, and install mplayer, xine or totem.

smfinley
2nd June 2006, 08:57 PM
[root@localhost ~]# su -
[root@localhost ~]# yum -y install mplayer mplayer-skins mplayer-fonts
Loading "installonlyn" plugin
Setting up Install Process
Setting up repositories
core [1/3]
updates [2/3]
extras [3/3]
Reading repository metadata in from local files
Parsing package install arguments
No Match for argument: mplayer
No Match for argument: mplayer-skins
No Match for argument: mplayer-fonts
Nothing to do
[root@localhost ~]#

this is what i get, when i try to get mplayer???
You will have to set up yum as described in the yum section of Fedora Core 5 Installation Notes (http://stanton-finley.net/fedora_core_5_installation_notes.html) as instructed.

stipi69
2nd June 2006, 09:03 PM
now , there say that i hawe to remove totem and rythmbox? is this ok? then i could install mplayer yes?

diamond
2nd June 2006, 09:07 PM
you dont have do remove totem and rhythmbox to install mplayer, this is only necessary if you want to install totem-xine (totem based on the xine engine, look at it as a gui for xine). Remember to install the codecs first. That's most important, the rest is just yum install ...

stipi69
2nd June 2006, 09:26 PM
Thank you all :))) i did it, thank you! hope i was not a trouble too much!