PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find(to install) the plugins from gaim?

diamond
2nd June 2006, 08:22 PM
Does someone know where the plugins from gaim are installed?

diamond
2nd June 2006, 09:30 PM
Is there noone who knows where I can find the plugins directory from gaim, 'cause I've been searching for it for ages, but can't seem to find anything.

hiberphoptik
2nd June 2006, 09:40 PM
/usr/lib/gaim/

bob
2nd June 2006, 09:41 PM
You have to be patient. You've only given your request an hour and 8 minutes. Plus, you're not allowed to 'bump' your posts like that. That said, what are you trying to plug in or what's the reason for the question?

bob
2nd June 2006, 09:46 PM
Hmmm. Maybe this is what you're looking for: http://gaim.sourceforge.net/faq.php#q94 - from that page, notice this reference:

"The plugin or perl script must be located in $prefix/lib/gaim/ or in ~/.gaim/plugins/ "- so, did you click the 'show hidden files'? and look in there?

diamond
2nd June 2006, 09:46 PM
I'm trying to add a plugin for which there doesn't seem to be an rpm available for fedora core on the internet nor yum. So I have to install it from source, but to do that I should build it from within the plugins directory from gaim by reading the gaim readme in fedora core.

In the folder ~/.gaim there isn't a folder called plugins, so it will be somewhere else.

bob
2nd June 2006, 09:47 PM
Ha! Didn't notice you jump in there with the info, Hiberphoptic. Thanks.

Edit - okay, looks like that linked page might cover some of that for you too. Good luck.

diamond
2nd June 2006, 10:07 PM
thanx, your link was very helpfull