PDA

View Full Version : KDE/ Gnome

Deviltongue
2nd June 2006, 03:33 AM
I reinstalled Fedora after trying out a different OS and I decided to try using the KDE desktop... I HATED it/ but now I don't know how to change it back without reinstalling it! Wat can I do?!?!?!? :confused:

jtang613
2nd June 2006, 01:10 PM
I reinstalled Fedora after trying out a different OS and I decided to try using the KDE desktop... I HATED it/ but now I don't know how to change it back without reinstalling it! Wat can I do?!?!?!? :confused:
Try this:

yum groupinstall "GNOME Desktop Environment"
hth,
Jason

pete_1967
2nd June 2006, 01:22 PM
Fedora being Gnome based distro, default KDE installation is far from great. With little time and effort you can configure it to look and feel great though.

If you want to find out what KDE can be, install Suse.

centos_x
2nd June 2006, 03:12 PM
My KDE is fully functional, with all the bells and whistles, embedded media previews. media conversion apps, bluetooth framework, latest k3b all the plugins....

Everything has been rebuilt with the fedora omitted options re-enabled.

I personally think gnome is to much of a hearded cattle enviroment, the famous windows will remove options to keep you from breaking it......

Deviltongue
3rd June 2006, 12:06 AM
ok I've decided to stick with KDE but where can I get "Suse"??

pete_1967
3rd June 2006, 01:33 AM
ok I've decided to stick with KDE but where can I get "Suse"??

http://en.opensuse.org/Welcome_to_openSUSE.org/

bob
3rd June 2006, 01:54 AM
And, by the way, you probably have Gnome installed as well; just log out of a terminal and hit 'sessions' and see if Gnome is listed there.

jim
3rd June 2006, 01:56 AM
switchdesk gnome in the terminal