PDA

View Full Version : Checkinstall wont work

McScruff
31st May 2006, 10:42 AM
Hi i got the checkinstall source, did ./configure , make , make install. it appeared to install fine, but i cant use the command "checkinstallú i have to use /usr/local/sbin/checkinstall . this works but when i go to build packages they always fail, here is a log

Installing with make install...

========================= Installation results ===========================make -C installwatch-0.7.0beta4
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/mcscruff/Desktop/checkinstall-1.6.0/checkinstall-1.6.0/installwatch-0.7.0beta4'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mcscruff/Desktop/checkinstall-1.6.0/checkinstall-1.6.0/installwatch-0.7.0beta4'
cp checkinstall makepak /usr/local/sbin
make -C installwatch-0.7.0beta4 install
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/mcscruff/Desktop/checkinstall-1.6.0/checkinstall-1.6.0/installwatch-0.7.0beta4'
if [ -r /usr/local/lib/installwatch.so ]; then rm -f /usr/local/lib/installwatch.so;cp installwatch.so /usr/local/lib; else cp installwatch.so /usr/local/lib; fi
shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: Invalid argument
/usr/local/bin/installwatch: line 345: 2940 Bus error "$@"

**** Installation failed. Aborting package creation.
Cleaning up...OK
Bye.

can anyone help?

daneel971
31st May 2006, 10:49 AM
i cant use the command "checkinstallú i have to use /usr/local/sbin/checkinstall
You can add /usr/local/sbin to your path.
Anyway, may I suggest you to use the checkinstall rpm from the Dries repo?

lazlow
31st May 2006, 06:14 PM
You are using checkinstall as su right?

Lazlow