PDA

View Full Version : cedega 5.1 only 2d menus work in games but 3d doesn't seem to work

rantanplan
29th May 2006, 01:10 AM
Hallo, i have Fedora Core 5 and an nVidia FX5200. I have installed the RPM Package from the livna repository for the nvidia drivers.

So the problem is installation works fine for the games, 2d (menus etc.) in the game work nice too. But if its try to draw 3d screen it doesn't work. For games which has a 2d border and inside is the 3d screen which will be rendered there is nothing, only the 2d. For example Panzer General 3d. If i choose Strategy Map, which is a full 3d screen the game exits/quits.

glxgear and glxinfo renderer = Yes are ok. I play nativle UT2004 or Enemy Territory or Americas Army without problems. So 3d works fine for my graphic card.

I tryed different settings for the profile. Nothing works.
I tried another thing with VMware server which is now free :-), and installed the game there too (PG) same behaviour. No 3d.

Of cos vmware is not to be used for this but that says to me it is a problem generally with 3d games.

Any help ?

Thank's.

rantanplan
29th May 2006, 04:15 PM
Anyone got a solution ?

Finalzone
29th May 2006, 06:52 PM
I think it is Cedega problem as I am unable to load Phantasy Start Online Blue Burst with similar issue.