PDA

View Full Version : ATI config help

scotta3234
27th May 2006, 07:13 PM
Hello all,

So i finally managed to get the latest ATI drivers from the ati support page installed on my laptop. The only problem is when i run the "aticonfig --initial" all i get is this:

Found fglrx primary device section
Nothing to do, terminating.

Now i know the drivers installed because i watched it go through the installation process and the ATI control panel is in my preferences. Any suggestions on why I can't go through the configuration process?

linmix
29th May 2006, 05:58 AM
Not a clue... what I do know though, is that if you can't manage to install the driver from the ATI website (compile it yourself), the livna repo has a precompiled driver available as an RPM package that installs and configures automatically.

Kirov-sama
29th May 2006, 06:25 AM
Hello all,

So i finally managed to get the latest ATI drivers from the ati support page installed on my laptop. The only problem is when i run the "aticonfig --initial" all i get is this:

Found fglrx primary device section
Nothing to do, terminating.

Now i know the drivers installed because i watched it go through the installation process and the ATI control panel is in my preferences. Any suggestions on why I can't go through the configuration process?
That message is telling you it there is already a device section set to fglrx in your xorg.conf file, so it doesn't need any initial configuration.