PDA

View Full Version : Filesystem error

bob.appleyard
27th May 2006, 12:04 AM
Hello. I was doing a search (using find) for some files I had misplaced, and as well as getting the results I wanted, I got this message:

find: WARNING: Hard link count is wrong for ./selinux: this may be a bug in your filesystem driver. Automatically turning on find's -noleaf option. Earlier results may have failed to include directories that should have been searched.

Is this normal? I'm using FC5, btw.

Seve
27th May 2006, 01:00 AM
Hello:
Have no idea if it is normal or not. You may want to do a relabel, it should correct the problem.
Seve

bob.appleyard
27th May 2006, 01:06 AM
Not meaning to sound dumb, but what exactly do you mean?

Seve
27th May 2006, 01:32 AM
Hello:
No one sounds dumb...other than myself to my kids :)
Go to your /System/Administration/Security Level and Firewall/
and somewhere under the SELinux tab you should be able to choose Relabel on next boot. I'm sorry as I don't have it enabled at the moment....If the option is not there (as I am going from memory) then just turn off SELinux and reboot then turn it on again and reboot and it will do it's thing.
Seve

u-noneinc-s
27th May 2006, 01:51 AM
Don't panic when your system doesn't reboot right away. It will take it a while to relable everything. Maybe a couple of
minutes (give or take).

bob.appleyard
27th May 2006, 03:43 AM
Well, thanks for the suggestions, but I repeated what caused the error after relabelling (I had to do the switch it off/ switch it on routine) and still got the error.

Maybe it's an actual bug...

BiQuaternion
22nd October 2006, 08:49 AM
I have got the same:
find: WARNING: Hard link count is wrong for ./selinux: this may be a bug in your filesystem driver. Automatically turning on find's -noleaf option. Earlier results may have failed to include directories that should have been searched.
Moreover, Gnome Search over a broader fiile system can not find some real files that actually do exist !!!
From google it looks like it is known bug... but I do not know how to apply the only patch that I found for another system:
http://www.gatago.com/fa/linux/kernel/7971950.html

BiQuaternion
22nd October 2006, 09:38 AM
What I do not understand, it is why it was not fixed by disabling SElinux and then enebling it with rebooting: on reboot the file system has been rerlabeled by the SElinux completely ... but this problem with "missing" files and Hard link count is still there

techmatt
22nd October 2006, 02:33 PM
check "man find" it has the info you are looking for
this problem should be fixed in FC6 I think

bob.appleyard
7th November 2006, 11:14 PM
sweet matt, just sweet.