PDA

View Full Version : Trackpad loses sync after suspend with ATI

scotta3234
26th May 2006, 09:28 PM
Hello all,
I have been trying for a few days not to get suspend to properly work on my laptop with the ATI drivers installed. Following other posts I haved edited my /pm/functions files accordingly and commented out the "post" section of the file. Previously upon resume from suspend I got the "blank" or "black" screen and nothing happened, this was similar to the original post (suspend with the Nvidia modules). Now, upon resuming from the suspended state I am able to log back into my machine and come back to only ONE problem. My synaptic touchpad drivers seem to lose sync so now they do not function correctly. I have been doing a little research and it seems as though there might be a conflict between the "generic" (emulation of standard mouse for synaptics) which is included in the kernel, and the synaptics drivers in X11 and configured in xorg.conf. Any help or insight would be appreciated.

*I have posted something similar in (working suspend with Nvidia modules) but feel as though suspend and ATI (and its corresponding problems/fixes should have it's own thread).

scotta3234
2nd June 2006, 07:34 AM
I came across this and wonder if the "mouse" section might have any relevance? http://www.boulder.swri.edu/~throop/i8k1.html