PDA

View Full Version : weather bug

mjr
25th May 2006, 04:03 PM
weathbug works on fedora five

it needs wine install

and you need a windows computer to download the software but it copy the installer to linux computer and then open it through wine hq

warning it is a slow startup and may be a little buggy like not showing the radar but it show the wind direction and temiture and the forcast

Plexxxy
25th May 2006, 04:35 PM
Ehh correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm almost positive Weatherbug contains spyware. Granted I'm not sure how effective it would be running through Wine, but still... :S

sailor
25th May 2006, 09:47 PM
Why run something in wine when there are linux weather appz?...I like to use the forecastfox extension and forecastfox enhanced extension for firefox and pyRadar is also a nice NOAA radar app...
There are superkaramba, gkrellm and gdesklet applets for weather as well...Gnome has a forecast applet built in.

mjr
26th May 2006, 01:50 AM
i may have spyware but what spyware is there they say it has spyware because of the ads will you are using the program

mostly the other reason it start at boot up and that starts the adss

now in linux you have to manualy boot it up and the ads are mostly bug out it dosent all work like i siad

if you upgraded to weatherbug plus there is no ads

Techokami
26th May 2006, 02:13 AM
One, your messages are barely coherent.
Two, adware and spyware and usually clumped together. Weatherbug is adware.
Three, I think it does more than put ads on your computer.
And finally, like others have said, there are better native programs you can use. If you use GNOME, it has something built-in. (http://www.fedoraforum.org/gallery/showimage.php?i=2151)

bob
26th May 2006, 02:16 AM
Knuckles, it's his choice and his messages are fine - not every one of our members uses English as his first language and those that do were not necessarily English majors.