PDA

View Full Version : HP Printers and IPP

pfanwick
25th May 2006, 01:41 PM
I have a HP Deskjet 9650 on a usb port. The printer is addressed as hp: and I am using the HP-DeskJet-9600
hpijs driver. Everything works fine. However, I would like to access it from other computers via IPP.
I can set it up fine but it I access it with the hpijs driver than I get "/usr/lib/cups/backend/ipp error" If the cups deskjet driver is used than it works but the print quality is terrible, Obviously I need to go through hplip to use the HP dirver but I have no idea how to do this. I am using the latest versions of cups, cups-devel, hplip and
hpijs which are updated daily via yum.

Any help you can give to enable quality printing via IPP would be greatly appreciated.

pfanwick
1st June 2006, 02:19 PM
I did get this to work by making the printer on the local computer into a raw printer. This then apparently dumps the file to the remote computer and formats it there. I have also used this trick to print remotely from a Windows XP computer

Printers
16th September 2010, 12:35 PM
Hi! I used to have this kind of setup too. However, I just tried mapping the printer through windows menu that says add printer. That works for me though.