PDA

View Full Version : restore multiple files from trash

redman
23rd May 2006, 10:30 PM
Hello

by a mistake i deleted all music files(not the folders) from the music player and i wonder if its a way to get them back to their original folder inn a easy way.

its still in trash folder but its over 5000songs.

bob
23rd May 2006, 10:38 PM
Probably someone will come up with another solution, but I'd simply go into my /home and under View, select 'show hidden files'. You'll find .Trash in there. Once opened, you can 'select all' and copy or move to the right folder. You can do this with command-line of course, but I like to watch and make sure it's happening in front of my eyes when that much is at stake.

redman
23rd May 2006, 10:59 PM
thats over 5000 song from hundreds of folders, i dont think they goes back to their originaly folders(albums)

bob
23rd May 2006, 11:12 PM
Ah, well then that won't work if they came from many different folders. I thought you'd made one simple deletion from one folder. Just tried 'select all' and then 'undo trash', but it moves them one by one.

redman
23rd May 2006, 11:17 PM
i dont find an option like undo or restore:(

Firewing1
23rd May 2006, 11:24 PM
Do you do backups? Because basically, once they're moved into the trash you're done for. If we have a backup of your music app's DB then I can restore the files using a script.
Or, do you keep metatags on your files? If so, let me know and I'll make a script moving them based on metatags.
Come to think of it, can you give your layout of folders? Maybe we don't even need metatags or backups...
Firewing1