PDA

View Full Version : Bug in Nautilus over Samba

spaze
23rd May 2006, 12:11 PM
Hello,

I have Fedora Core 5 installed and when I try to access directories over Samba server I get a crash in Nautilis 2.14.1:

When I go to any directory that is in the Samba server (Windows directories) in listview and the double-click to open the folder, I get the following error:

The Application "nautilus" has quit unexpectedly.

You can inform the developers of what happened to help them fix it. Or you can restart the application right now.

jhetrick62
23rd May 2006, 03:56 PM
Did you confirm that it is browseable on something like smb4k or CLI?
Jeff

spaze
24th May 2006, 06:52 AM
Did you confirm that it is browseable on something like smb4k or CLI?
Jeff

I guess smb4k is for KDE, I'm using Gnome. The folder is browseable through console.

What really happens is this:

If I open the main folder from the Samba directory and the dbl-click on the folders to open them in the window works fine, but when I single-click to open the folder in the folders-view they open fine. If I double-click on the opened directory I get that error message.

Is there an error log where I could get detailed info on what really happened?

jhetrick62
24th May 2006, 12:54 PM
I use gnome also but browse my network shares of smb4k. It installs any needed dependencies. ALTHOUGH, that is with the server that I put in on FC5 when it first was released as well as my FC3 box. I built a new FC5 partition over the weekend and it fails on smb4k. I have had no time to mess with the Samba settings, so I'm not sure where the problem is as it works fine on the other box and distro.

Jeff