PDA

View Full Version : XMMS playback problems

serg33
22nd May 2006, 09:36 PM
XMMS isn't playing a certain group of songs. They are AAC files and I've installed the AAC plugin as well as the MP3 plugin. All other AAC files play just fine, but for some reason this specific CD isn't playing. The same files play back just fine in iTunes on Windows. When I try clicking on them from the playlist it just skips over them and plays whatever is after. Has anynoe else had this problem?

daneel971
22nd May 2006, 09:46 PM
First of all we must try to find out how those unplayable files differ from the other working ones.
Issue "faad -i" against one file of each group and compare the result. Or use MPlayer with the "identify" switch.

serg33
22nd May 2006, 10:38 PM
the command line is having problems with any path that has a space in it (i.e. mnt/k/music/Pinback/Blue Screen Life/[whatever].m4a. As soon as it finds a space, it assumes the path is done. I've tried just inputting it without spaces but I didn't really expect that to work. How do I get around that?

serg33
23rd May 2006, 03:17 AM
i guess the files are corrupted or something, even though iTunes and my iPod can play them fine. The problem isn't XMMS though, because amarok won't play them either. I guess redownloading is the answer, but I just think it's strange that they are playing in some instances but not in others.