PDA

View Full Version : Screen suddenly got blurred, how to fix it?

KevinPatrick
21st May 2006, 03:57 PM
Hello, I don't have a lot of knowledge with Linux, so this may be a very simple problem...

I have FC3 installed and all was good. Something happened at the network and when it got back up and running, the email wasn't set up. I called rogers(The provider) and we walked through and set up the email. After that was done, I went to make a sandwich, and when I returned my screen was messed up.

It appears as if there is a film over the screen, colours are washed out. Also, any contrast on the screen blurs across the screen. I read on one page that someone with similar symptoms had their video card blown, but I just can't see it because I was also having problems with my video card remembering my video settings with every hard boot. I can't call my isp because as soon as I mention it is FC they just stop listening.

Any thoughts seggustions? Help?

blue13130
21st May 2006, 04:38 PM
I doubt it has anything to do with your internet connection so calling your ISP wouldn't do anything. Have you tried rebooting and seeing what happens? You can also try hitting Ctrl+Alt+Backspace to restart the X server to see if that clears it up before doing a reboot.

KevinPatrick
12th October 2006, 04:09 AM
Hey there, sorry for the delay getting back. I think it is my vid card. I'll replace it and see if that helps. Thanks for the help.