PDA

View Full Version : Yet another SB live troubles on Fedora 5

ishaypeled
20th May 2006, 09:50 PM
Hi all,
I run Fedora core 5, and I have Creative SB Live installed (phisically) in my computer, it is a fairly new asus mootherboard, equiped with some via chipset sound card, which I do not wish to use.
Before Ive upgraded my computer to this new board, I had an intel based motherboard, with onboard soundcard as well, and the SB Live card, and everything worked fine, both the SB Live and the onboard sound card were detected flawlessly.
Problem is that now, all that my linux box detects is the VIA chipset sound (which does not work) and my SB Live is not detected at all...
I don't get it, M$ windows detects everything fine, so Im sure its not a hardware malfunction caused by the switch,
Every instruction will be greatly appriciated!

owakroeger
20th May 2006, 10:14 PM
Try this;
At boot, when you see the message "hit DEL for setup," go into setup, scroll around till you find your soundcard and disable it. Then when you boot, kudzu should detect your SBLive and configure it. Then, you'll have to adjust your sound levels. For some reason all the fedora distributions ship with the sound muted in alsa.
owa

ishaypeled
20th May 2006, 10:24 PM
Not possible owakroeger... no disable option in my BIOS... first thing I tried...

ishaypeled
22nd May 2006, 12:02 AM
Nothing new? Im really frustrated about this... even kudzu won't recognize my card... if anyone could help itll be reall appriciated...

Prodigy
9th June 2006, 03:57 AM
i have same problem :S

Firewing1
9th June 2006, 04:24 AM
What's your card model? Newer SBLive cards don't have drivers for them yet.
Firewing1