PDA

View Full Version : Retrieving software info crashes..

ledbythereaper
20th May 2006, 09:41 AM
Right, I'm new to FC5 and linux. I've got a few things working so far, like my TV card. But anyway, I'm trying to add more stuff off the CD and install aMSN but the rpm opens. goes to retreving software information, does 20% of that then it just goes grey and nothing happens, so I have to terminate it. Do I have to reinstall FC5?

markkuk
20th May 2006, 10:18 AM
But anyway, I'm trying to add more stuff off the CD and install aMSN but the rpm opens. goes to retreving software information, does 20% of that then it just goes grey and nothing happens, so I have to terminate it.
Where did you get the aMSN RPM? What's the full filename of the package? Exactly how are you trying to install it? What's the mysterious "it" you keep mentioning? If you want detailed answers, you must provide detailed information about your problem.

Do I have to reinstall FC5?No, why do you think re-installing would change the way FC5 works? http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/26032.html

ledbythereaper
20th May 2006, 10:30 AM
I got the aMSN RP off the amsn site. I know it's a FC4 package but i thought it would work in FC5.. However that shouldnt affect every other install?