PDA

View Full Version : Curious behaviour of /selinux

jbannon
20th May 2006, 12:12 AM
Not really a problem just more of an information request. The directory /selinux shows 0 hard links when you do an 'ls -ld' and all the files contained in it show a size of 0. Also find baulks when searching it complaining that the file system is corrupt. Since my selinux seems to be working fine, and I notice all the selinux variables are stored there in zero-size files and all but 1 are regular files, I assume this is what it is meant to look like, but why is this? Anyone any info on the layout of this directory?

twiistedkaos
20th May 2006, 03:36 AM
Selinux is still a "in the making" software, much like alot of things Fedora uses, this doesn't mean it won't do it's job. Simply means it isn't 100% complete and still has alot of things to be fixed and also added.

jbannon
20th May 2006, 11:23 AM
Thanks,
I was just curious.

RahulSundaram
22nd May 2006, 04:12 PM
Not really a problem just more of an information request. The directory /selinux shows 0 hard links when you do an 'ls -ld' and all the files contained in it show a size of 0. Also find baulks when searching it complaining that the file system is corrupt. Since my selinux seems to be working fine, and I notice all the selinux variables are stored there in zero-size files and all but 1 are regular files, I assume this is what it is meant to look like, but why is this? Anyone any info on the layout of this directory?

/selinux is a virtual filesystem similar to /proc. It has different characteristics compared to "normal" filesystems. You dont generally have to worry about that.

jbannon
22nd May 2006, 04:23 PM
Fine thanks. Now I know.