PDA

View Full Version : saa7134 & FC5 video but no audio

ItsTheSource
13th May 2006, 06:41 AM
I'll try to keep this short & sweet because nobody likes reading long posts. I have a kworld tv-terminator card and I've had luck getting the video to work under gentoo and now FC5 but I've never been able to get the audio to work correctly. Most recently, I've looked at the following page (http://www.linuxtv.org/v4lwiki/index.php/Saa7134-alsa) which recommend adding "oss=1" to the end of the modprobe command. Unfortunately I'm getting errors whenever I try to watch tv under mplayer using the command
mplayer tv://"insert channel" -tv driver=v4l2:device=/dev/video0:chanlist=us-bcast:alsa:\
adevice=hw.1,0:amode=1:audiorate=32000:forceaudio: volume=100:\
immediatemode=0:norm=NTSC

MPlayer 1.0pre7try2-rpm.livna.org-4.1.0 (C) 2000-2005 MPlayer Team
CPU: Advanced Micro Devices (Family: 8, Stepping: 0)
Detected cache-line size is 64 bytes
CPUflags: MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 1 3DNow2: 1 SSE: 1 SSE2: 1

Opening joystick device /dev/input/js0
Can't open joystick device /dev/input/js0 : No such file or directory
Can't init input joystick
Setting up LIRC support...
mplayer: could not connect to socket
mplayer: No such file or directory
Failed to open LIRC support.
You will not be able to use your remote control.
Playing tv://insert channel.
Cache fill: 0.00% (0 bytes) TV detected! ;-)
Selected driver: v4l2
name: Video 4 Linux 2 input
author: Martin Olschewski <olschewski@zpr.uni-koeln.de>
comment: first try, more to come ;-)
Selected device: V-Stream Studio TV Terminator
Tuner cap: STEREO LANG1 LANG2
Tuner rxs: MONO
Capabilites: video capture video overlay VBI capture device tuner read/write streaming
supported norms: 0 = PAL; 1 = PAL-BG; 2 = PAL-I; 3 = PAL-DK; 4 = NTSC; 5 = SECAM; 6 = PAL-M; 7 = PAL-Nc; 8 = PAL-60;
inputs: 0 = Television; 1 = Composite1; 2 = S-Video;
Current input: 0
Current format: BGR24
v4l2: current audio mode is : STEREO
ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:1305:(_snd_pcm_hw_open) Invalid value for card
Error opening audio: No such device

Exiting... (End of file)

Ok, so it was longer than I hoped :p

EDIT: found this page

jbarnett74
17th January 2007, 03:37 PM
I've got a Kworld KW-LTV7131RF card and I'm trying to get it working too. I found the following information at

The KWorld Studio TV Terminator is based on the SAA7131E Chipset. and should be well supported in Linux Distributions containing kernel versions 2.6.14 and up. TV-Tuner, Radio, Sound and remote control features are supported under v4l. The card does not have an eeprom so it is necessary to pass card=65 and possibly tuner=54 as options to the saa7134 kernel module. Automatic tuner detection works starting with distributions using kernel version 2.6.15. On the application sde, TV-Time, KdeTv and KRadio work well with this card. These cards provide audio via the PCI bus and no externel audio loop-back cable is required. Build v4l from sources: V4L Wiki http://www.linuxtv.org/v4lwiki/index.php/How_to_build_from_mercurial

I've only been a Linux user for 5 days, so I'm still learning how to apply this information. For example, I don't know how to pass options to a kernel module. Is that as simple as typing "# saa7134 card=65"?

RabidFish
27th January 2007, 06:10 AM
To pass the options to a kernel module, see:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/KWorld_Global_TV_Terminator