PDA

View Full Version : FC5 / Gnome-power-manager / ATI -> resume?

StephenSchaeffe
12th May 2006, 03:25 PM
I've got an Inspiron E1705, running the blahblah-2111smp kernel, with all the relevant fglrx stuff installed.

I've got gnome-power-manager-2.15.2-cvs20060427rhughes, which I loaded from the gnome-power-manager page, and all the HAL and D-BUS goodies also on that page.

If I use the power manager icon to suspend, everything goes dark, as you'd expect, and the power light does it's little pulse thing. Upon a resume (power button press - only thing it responds to), the power light goes on solidly, and about 30 sec later the WiFi light flickers and goes solid, and then nothing.

Completely dark screen, no response to Ctrl + Alt + [1 ... 8], no response to Ctrl + Alt + [ Bksp | Del ]. The only way of getting it's attention is to mash the power button for the 4 seconds to hard boot it. I haven't tried pinging it from another machine.

I'm going to dig at the gnome-power-manager page for anything I've missed, but I'd really appreciate any insights if you've got them.

StephenSchaeffe
13th May 2006, 03:56 PM
Update - If I close the lid, (and WAIT FOR IT!) the power light starts it's "I'm sleeping" pulse. Then on opening the lid, it wakes and seems happy.

If I don't wait for it, everything comes off the rails and I'm headed for a 'mash the power button until everything dies' type reboot.

StephenSchaeffe
17th May 2006, 03:04 PM
Further update - it works for periods of a few hours. Suspending overnight makes it unaccountably hot in the morning and requires the 'power button until you DIE' approach to recover.

*sigh*