PDA

View Full Version : gdesklets background color problem

balorg
11th May 2006, 12:50 AM
I am running FC5 x86_64 with the Gnome Desktop. I am running gdesklets for the wonderful eye candy it provides. My problem is that all of my desklets have a black background, and overlap with the desktop background. I was wondering how to make the backgrounds of the desklets transparent?

hiberphoptik
11th May 2006, 02:05 AM
well supposedly you are able to start gdesklets like so:

gdesklets start --translucent

but for me (using xcompmgr) its still al black square background on everything

if i dont use the --translucent option the background(s) are transparent but then xcompmgr puts a nasty shadow around them.. meh oh well

balorg
11th May 2006, 04:49 AM
Well, that didn't work, I still have the same problem. I have also noticed that I recieve a pyorbit error when running a check in the terminal. However, I have the lastest pyorbit installed. Are there any other docks that are available for Gnome?

hiberphoptik
11th May 2006, 07:26 AM
Well, that didn't work, I still have the same problem. I have also noticed that I recieve a pyorbit error when running a check in the terminal. However, I have the lastest pyorbit installed. Are there any other docks that are available for Gnome?

there is a really nice one called kxdocker, its a KDE app but it works without problems in gnome

yum install kxdocker

i would use it but with xcompmgr it has a nasty ugly shadow above it for some reason