PDA

View Full Version : Saving my session

fire-fly
10th May 2006, 07:11 PM
Hi
How can I my session once, and the future session will be the same ?
Thanks
Cheers
Fire-fly

hiberphoptik
10th May 2006, 07:25 PM
gnome?

you can type gnome-session-save in a terminal to save your session.. problem is then next time you sign in you will have that terminal open. IMHO this is a usability problem with gnome

you can also check the save session automatically box in the session GUI but that is no good either because you may want to only save it once and never again, so if you log in again and uncheck the button it does not save that it was unchecked because you saved your session with it checked..

trust me i have gone around and around with this :)

icydog
10th May 2006, 07:27 PM
Maybe try gnome-session-save in the Run box? (Alt-F2 I think)

I hope it doesn't save the Run box. That'd be silly.

a thing
11th May 2006, 01:52 AM
For KDE, run kcmshell kcmsmserver.

fire-fly
11th May 2006, 03:56 AM
gnome?

you can type gnome-session-save in a terminal to save your session.. problem is then next time you sign in you will have that terminal open. IMHO this is a usability problem with gnome

you can also check the save session automatically box in the session GUI but that is no good either because you may want to only save it once and never again, so if you log in again and uncheck the button it does not save that it was unchecked because you saved your session with it checked..

trust me i have gone around and around with this :)
Hi
i used gnome-session-save. Initial i chose the the GUI and had the same problem you mentioned!
Thanks