PDA

View Full Version : Cdrom - how do I make it mount predictably?

clearer
10th May 2006, 11:39 AM
I have problems with my CD-rom being mounted unpredictable in Fedora Core 5. Well, that is, the cdrom driver mounts under /media/<name of cd-rom disk> - which is not where I want it. I would really like my disks to be mounted under /media/<type of media><amount of media mounted of this type>, so for example my first cdrom driver will always mount under /media/cdrom0, and my second would mount under /media/cdrom1 and so on.

Is there anyway to make sure that this happens, without the annyoing message from Gnome telling me that I am not authorized to mount the disk, if I edit /etc/fstab?

A way to make a symbolic link to the mount directory in /media/ would be fine too.

sej7278
10th May 2006, 03:19 PM
yeah, i dont like the new fc5 way of mounting cd's, mainly because it breaks gtktalog.

i prefererred the old /media/cdrom and /media/cdrecorder

SHtRO
10th May 2006, 03:34 PM
It will also mount volumes with names with special characters that are hard to use from the shell. This should be a configuration variable of some sort, hopefully a preference so I can avoid recompiling. I'm annoyed by it also but haven't had the time to look into it.

Seve
10th May 2006, 04:07 PM
Hello: This may be useful.
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=103810
Seve