PDA

View Full Version : how to modprobe automatically

Gallan
9th May 2006, 11:17 AM
hello,

I would like to moprobe acer_acpi everytime when I open computer, so how can I do it?

I tried to add line alias modprobe acer_acpi to /etc/modprobe.conf but it doesn't work :(

thanks

giulix
9th May 2006, 11:36 AM
Have a look here (http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/sysadmin-guide/s1-kernel-modules-persistant.html)

Gallan
9th May 2006, 12:00 PM
thank you very much!!! :)

Gallan
9th May 2006, 12:09 PM
ok one more is there something similar to execute "ifup ath0 up" problem is that I can't use onboot=yes in network line because I'm runing command in /etc/rc.local what bring up my wlan and it loads after network stuff so what can I do?

giulix
9th May 2006, 01:54 PM
I am not sure I understood. Could you rephrase, please ?

Gallan
9th May 2006, 09:14 PM
ok I try to explain:

I have tree things what I wan't todo:

1. I have to load acer_acpi driver
2. I have to turn wireless on with command # echo "enabled : 1" > /proc/acpi/acer/wireless
3. I have to wake up ath0, I would like to use system-config-network(/etc..../ifcfg-ath0) to onboot=yes or use #ifup ath0 command when above things are done.

I hope this help ;)

Gallan
9th May 2006, 09:16 PM
...and my problem is that I can't use that ifcfg-ath0 noboot=yes because wireless is turning on after that on boot.

giulix
10th May 2006, 08:59 AM
You could write a script that does what you need and put it into /etc/init.d, so that you can choose exactly when it's started...