PDA

View Full Version : Mplayer fc5

slvrsrfr
8th May 2006, 06:30 PM
Hi i have a strange problem with mplayer, when i am on the web and go to a site to watch film trailers my mplayer starts to load up and then just says stopped, can any one help i use it for watching bbc 3 series clips like dr who ???

thanks

slvrsrfr

Seve
8th May 2006, 06:33 PM
Hi i have a strange problem with mplayer, when i am on the web and go to a site to watch film trailers my mplayer starts to load up and then just says stopped, can any one help i use it for watching bbc 3 series clips like dr who ???

thanks

slvrsrfr
Hello:
Would you post the link, and I as well as others can give it a whirl to see if we have the same behaviour?
Seve

slvrsrfr
8th May 2006, 07:10 PM
hello thanks for getting back to me just 1 question how do i "post the link" sorry to sound a bit vauge ah got it the link is http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/video/index.shtml. hope this ok

slvrsrfr

u-noneinc-s
8th May 2006, 07:42 PM
For me, it opened with BBCplayer which did as your mplayer did. loaded and stopped. I then chose to open in standalone player.
It loaded in mplaer and stopped, I clicked the play/pause button and it loaded again and played this time.

slvrsrfr
23rd May 2006, 10:26 AM
Hello I seem to have a new problem, when I now load up any watchable file e.g. www.apple.com/trailers/ I either get realplayer loading or " a plugin is required " no sign of mplayer at all.
yuk whats going on i've completly removed mplayer reinstalled with plugin copyied it to latest ver of firefox 1.5.0.3 and still no joy.

slvrsrfr