PDA

View Full Version : Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.2 Crashes

clonedr6
8th May 2006, 02:39 PM
Hi All, Maybe someone can give me a suggestion? I installed FC5 and the Java and flash applets and my browser seems to run okay at first, but when I run multiple tabs for autosurfing (usually run 3 or 4 ) my browser just shuts down after a while maybe an hour or so. I have 512 meg of memory and have upped my swap file to 1500 meg thinking it may be a memory overflow problem. Any suggestions on why this happens? Thanks

I have installed my system info in my profile.

Seve
8th May 2006, 02:50 PM
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_crashes
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_hangs
Seve

Firewing1
8th May 2006, 05:34 PM
Firefox 1.5.0.3 has been released in development - Try that one:
yum update --enablerepo=development firefox
Firewing1

mbokil
17th May 2006, 04:49 PM
I am having crashes also. I am using Firefox 1.5.0.3 so upgrading probably won't help. I think SELinux is messing up the Flash plugin -- that is my best guess. I remove the flash plugin and Firefox is fine. The same problem exists with Seamonkey now using the latest Flash plugin. There is a bug here somewhere.

Finalzone
17th May 2006, 09:17 PM
Did you enable "Sharing libraries with Text Relocation" under SELinux compatibility policies?

mbokil
17th May 2006, 09:32 PM
Yes I have the Text Relocation SELinux policy enabled. I can display flash but Firefox seems to crash on sites with Flash music playing such as rhapsody.com. I can crash Firefox predictably by going to that site and attempting to play a song. Could it be another SELinux policy problem with sound hardware privleges with the Flash plugin? It is kind of funny how I have to manually enable everything when I have SELinux enabled. Lately I have been thinking about disabling SELinux and just rely on my Linksys firewall. It seemed like a good idea when I first enabled it but it seems to cause more problems than it solves.

yur1022
17th May 2006, 09:55 PM
Close firefox, rm ~/.mozilla/firefox/pluginreg.dat and run firefox again. It might help.

yur

mbokil
17th May 2006, 11:28 PM
Close firefox, rm ~/.mozilla/firefox/pluginreg.dat and run firefox again. It might help.

Thanks, that did the trick. I wouldn't have guessed that was the problem in a million years. :cool: