PDA

View Full Version : Linux Noob

ricanelite
8th May 2006, 01:35 PM
Hey guys, Finally got my OSX and Fedora both OS running correctly on my Mac Mini Machine. Now what can I do to make my KDE Desktop look really nice like, I see with alot of the screen shots I see. Like for a example I see all of these icons of users using Linux and making it look just like Windows XP or MAC OS X interface. How is that possible. I have gone to alot of sites and downloaded a bunch of themes. But I still have no success on getting everything to work. Also I am having a really hard time getting LimeWire to run. I have both installed the java and configure it on gedit and also LimeWire as well install and configure on gedit. So my last question is there any other type of application like LimeWire out there but a little more simple to get running. Or my last thing will be is there any good applications I could play around with the get use to using Linux and making fit for me. Please let me know. My email is evazquez757@cox.net. Let me know any type of help will be great. Or if you could give me a step by step instructions on how everything to get working. Like using AIM so we could chat and get everything working well. Thanks for reading.

Lluisanunez
8th May 2006, 03:42 PM
Install Frostwire, much easier, follow this thread: http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=101298&highlight=frostwire
What you need to chat is Gaim, you have it already installed (applications -> internet -> internet messenger)
About the desktop, you should be more specific. Maybe pointing to a screenshot you like...

ricanelite
12th May 2006, 12:59 PM
prefect thanks alot. With that I never knew anything about Frostwire. Do you use Frostwire?

Lluisanunez
12th May 2006, 06:11 PM
Yes, I do. It's the best P2P client I've ever used