PDA

View Full Version : Mouse pointer is invisibile

tonyweb
7th May 2006, 07:33 PM
I installed Fedora Core 5 DVD 32 bit on my Athlon 64 PC.
All is good but in both Gnome and KDE my mouse pointer is invisible. I can move the mouse, I can click everywhere but I can't see the pointer. I tried to change mouse theme, but the problem persists. Sometimes, if the computer is busy thinking I can see the icon for a couple of seconds, but then it disappear again.

PC configuration:
Athlon 64 bit 3500+
ASUS A8N-VM CSM with integrated video card
19" Widescreen display with resolution 1280x1024 (I tried different resolutions with no luck).

Can you help me on this wierd problem?

Also, is it a problem if I use the 32bit version of Fedora rather than the 64 bit? If I install the 64 bit will I get a more performing and stable machine?

Thanks in advance.
Tony

Seve
8th May 2006, 12:08 AM
I installed Fedora Core 5 DVD 32 bit on my Athlon 64 PC.
All is good but in both Gnome and KDE my mouse pointer is invisible. I can move the mouse, I can click everywhere but I can't see the pointer. I tried to change mouse theme, but the problem persists. Sometimes, if the computer is busy thinking I can see the icon for a couple of seconds, but then it disappear again.

PC configuration:
Athlon 64 bit 3500+
ASUS A8N-VM CSM with integrated video card
19" Widescreen display with resolution 1280x1024 (I tried different resolutions with no luck).

Can you help me on this wierd problem?

Also, is it a problem if I use the 32bit version of Fedora rather than the 64 bit? If I install the 64 bit will I get a more performing and stable machine?

Thanks in advance.
Tony
Hello:
Have a look here : http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=103758&highlight=invisible

If you have not already done so, you should probably update your system using yum and I believe? that the problem goes away.
Seve

edwal
5th June 2006, 08:56 PM
Try going to https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=182517 and section 20 solved the problem for me , my set up is almost the same i.e.Athlon 64bit 3500+ and Asus A8N-VM mobo.