PDA

View Full Version : what is the FC 5 command?

FireGunz
4th May 2006, 06:52 PM
Hi,

what is the Command for FC 5 like e.g: Shutdown computer , log-out & restart computer?

ok, the reason is I understand that above that which got GUI / Icon. but I want to create it ON the desktop or sometime which in "black srceen with text" (not sure what is call that...)

Can anyone help .......... :(

c3r3b3llum
4th May 2006, 07:01 PM
shutdown : shutdown -h now

restart : shutdown -R now

man shutdown ;-)

FireGunz
4th May 2006, 07:24 PM
shutdown : shutdown -h now

restart : shutdown -R now

man shutdown ;-)

errr...... ok, I had try to create a shortcut key for the shutdown at the desktop but it NOT working.... :(

Quella
4th May 2006, 07:26 PM
You can also user 'init 0' to shutdown or 'init 6' (for gui) or 'init 3' (non-GUI) if you would like to use them also.

Quella

blue13130
4th May 2006, 11:04 PM
the shutdown command needs to be run as root. In your shortcut try "sudo shutdown -h now" if you have setup your account to use sudo

craftyminion
4th May 2006, 11:05 PM
errr...... ok, I had try to create a shortcut key for the shutdown at the desktop but it NOT working.... :(

I'm sure you've already thought of this, but I'll ask anyway, you are executing the 'shutdown' command as root aren't you? eg:

$ su -
password: <your root password here>
# shutdown -r now

;)

Regards,

craftyminion

FireGunz
5th May 2006, 10:56 PM
hmmm.......

ok, the way that use for TERMINAL (as Root) to shutdown the PC. it great...

BUT if I going to use for Create the SHORTCUT KEY for Log Out / Shut Down PC at DESKTOP and it not working.... (which I understand that it already got the log out / shutdown at the panel) or it there way to bring the shutdown from panel to desktop? :confused: