PDA

View Full Version : squirrelmail ? imap problem?

hvrossum
3rd May 2006, 07:55 AM
When I try to logon to my squirrelmail through web I get the following error

Action: CREATE "Sent"
Reason: Mailbox doesn't allow inferior mailboxes

I am succesfully capable of doing the configtest.php and this does not give me back any problems.
you can see it at http://www.seyst.nu/webmail/src/configtest.php

Anybody any ideas. I am running sendmail with dovecot.
I did get it the run in one go a coupld of days back but messed something up :) .

I tried other webmail package like telaen but was to difficult for me as a newbie

ccrvic
3rd May 2006, 09:12 AM
Action: CREATE "Sent"
Reason: Mailbox doesn't allow inferior mailboxes

You're trying to create a sub-folder, and you're running the mbox mailbox format. That isn't possible...

Either set your mailboxes up so that there are no subfolders, or else switch to maildir format.

Vic.

hvrossum
3rd May 2006, 12:00 PM
Can you tell me how to do that

pjfg
3rd May 2006, 03:24 PM
I am also running senmail/dovecot/squirrelmail.

You need:

/etc/procmailrc (just the one line needed)
DEFAULT=$HOME/Maildir/

/etc/dovecot.conf (replace the appropriate line in your existing config)
default_mail_env = maildir:/%h/Maildir

/usr/share/squirrelmail/config/config.php (this section is near the beginning of the file)
$domain = 'yourdomain.com';
$imapServerAddress = 'localhost';
$imapPort = 143;
$useSendmail = true;
$smtpServerAddress = 'localhost';
$smtpPort = 25;
$sendmail_path = '/usr/sbin/sendmail';
$pop_before_smtp = false;
$imap_server_type = 'courier';
$invert_time = false;
$optional_delimiter = '.';
$encode_header_key = '';

If you have any existing mail in mbox format just set up a mail client with both local mailbox and imap, and then copy from the local mailbox to your imap folders. Hope that helps.

hvrossum
3rd May 2006, 04:40 PM
I used webmin to change from mail to mbox, I can succesfully logon to squirrelmail with webinterface, but I don't see the mail anymore which is stored in the mailfiles (under /var/mail)

Any idea how to get that solved.

pjfg
3rd May 2006, 05:47 PM
The /etc/procmailrc entry of DEFAULT=$HOME/Maildir/ changes the target for mail delivery from /var/mail/$user_name to the home directory of the user. This makes far more sense than using /var which is largely used for temporary files or spools. To recover the mail in /var/mail for use in the new Maildir format you can either:

1) Set things back to where they were before and use a mail client to download the mail from /var/mail to a local (ie /home/$username/mbox) format, then switch back and import into your imap based Maildir.

2) Use one of the many (google "mbox maildir convert) tools to convert mbox to Maildir.