PDA

View Full Version : Try to install fc4 for 15 times :?

bae
2nd May 2006, 10:13 AM
hi... i try to install new pc (i year old pc) that migrating to fc4 (b4 this fc3 but i experince a diificulties where the same cd i use and the same package installation type create a problem during installation... for exp, at first the installation said error: <smthing>.rpm media failure or lack of disc space. and the same fc4 package iwith the same setting i try to install then said <another thing>.rpm media failure ....... but this time the <smthing>.rpm is successfully can install :(

yep sometimes i feel frustrated why it is so difficult bcoz i dont understand the problem (b4 this i try to install fc3 also face the same problem) but after 10 times it can be done ... and i try to learn back from scratch but it happen to be real problem... what i am affraid is it may cause damage to the the hard disk (bcoz to many times formatting)

i dont know maybe some body may seems me as a fool but i dont mind bcoz i just a little bit tired right now and may be any one have opinion or suggestion to solve this problem

btw i dont decide to change new hdisk bcoz i think it is still in a good condition :) and the same cd i try to install on another pc run successfully

tomcat
2nd May 2006, 10:36 AM
It can be that the CD is a bad burn. More probable though is that the CD-Drive needs some cleaning. If the laser is covered with dust and not adjusted properly, then it will fail to read the packages from the CDs properly. (An alternative would be a ftp-installation if you can afford it.)

bae
2nd May 2006, 10:50 AM
It can be that the CD is a bad burn. More probable though is that the CD-Drive needs some cleaning. If the laser is covered with dust and not adjusted properly, then it will fail to read the packages from the CDs properly. (An alternative would be a ftp-installation if you can afford it.)

o ic .. i look on how to install using ftp .. thanx