PDA

View Full Version : Cedega Help

seanraf
30th April 2006, 10:32 PM
Hey, I'm a little new to Linux and have just dropped Windows in favor of it. I am not a huge gamer, but I do like to game and I am using Cedega to install all of my games. The games install fine, but when I try to run them, it says the CD is now in the drive. I am using Fedora Core 5. Anyone who can help, this will be greatly appreciated.

seanraf
30th April 2006, 10:40 PM
Hey, I'm a little new to Linux and have just dropped Windows in favor of it. I am not a huge gamer, but I do like to game and I am using Cedega to install all of my games. The games install fine, but when I try to run them, it says the CD is now in the drive. I am using Fedora Core 5. Anyone who can help, this will be greatly appreciated.

I am sorry, I said "now in the drive" instead of "not in the drive".

seanraf
1st May 2006, 12:46 PM
Does anybody know? Is this the wrong forum?

pete_1967
1st May 2006, 01:40 PM
Best place for you to find solution to your problem is in Cedega's support forums.

bronco
11th May 2006, 04:25 AM
Cedega is not free for linux??

NovenTheHero
11th May 2006, 03:23 PM
It says that because in Cedega, if you run system tests, FC5 will fail the cd protection test. I have the same problem, and have been looking for a fix. Been having the same problem since I upgraded from FC4

Richard1098
13th May 2006, 02:07 AM
It says that because in Cedega, if you run system tests, FC5 will fail the cd protection test. I have the same problem, and have been looking for a fix. Been having the same problem since I upgraded from FC4

There is a work around, not a fix, for this. See http://transgaming.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=28&sid=f37dc3d350feccd72575f83079dbc5f5