PDA

View Full Version : How do you get your caffeine?

Lindy
31st March 2004, 08:56 PM
What keeps you going through cramming for exams, debugging session, or getting to the final level of your favorite game?

Coffee has been my choice for years. The index finger of my left hand is bent into a permanent crook from the handles of coffee cups!

Prometheus
31st March 2004, 08:59 PM
Chocolate all the way baby... been trying to eat less of it since christmas, and im going through chocolate withdrawl. Really sucks.

Ug
31st March 2004, 10:26 PM
I've got some of those Penguin Mints, and other caffeinated sweets from the USA.

I've also got Red Bull, fresh ground coffee and lots of tea.

Sleep? Who needs sleep?

Prometheus
31st March 2004, 11:52 PM
ever had that Vamp stuff? They sell it at commodie stores here, and has the most caffiene allowed by law in the US (which is quite a lot). Its like a red bull size can, but its like pure sugar and caffiene. Couple of my friends had it in school one day, they were wired within like 5 min and were still wired for the rest of the day... couldnt sleep at night either. I can only imagine what its like

Ug
1st April 2004, 07:28 AM
Buy! Buy! Buy!

Jman
1st April 2004, 03:09 PM
I don't drink coffee or tea, but sometimes I get wired on soft drinks. Hurray caffeine and carbonated water!

Fortunately I'm not addicted to C8H10N4O2 (http://people.ouc.bc.ca/woodcock/molecule/Drugs.htm) and mostly drink regular water. I still can stay up late online though. How do I do it?

One of my high school teachers had a legendary addiction to that most popular of soft drinks here, Mountain Dew (http://mountaindew.com). I've never understood it, but then again I've never had his class.

mars_hall
1st April 2004, 05:29 PM
I drink coffee by the pot-full. When I was working night shift we used to drink coffee with hot chocolate mix added to it. That will definitely keep you up at night:)

Ug
1st April 2004, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Jman
One of my high school teachers had a legendary addiction to that most popular of soft drinks here, Mountain Dew (http://mountaindew.com). I've never understood it, but then again I've never had his class. They had that in the UK for a while, but no where near as nice as when i had it in the US. They tend to put more sugar into British soft drinks and decrease the caffeine. I did find the way it turned your tongue green amusing though.

ckr
2nd April 2004, 12:36 AM
Sadly, I've had to cut down soda and caffine. I'm down to about 6 cups of coffee in the morning. Then again, I'm rediscovering tea. I miss bubbles!!

Radiowriter
2nd April 2004, 04:04 AM
Coffee. Two cups before work. A thermos of coffee to work. Plus the occasional tall dark roast from Caribou!

mhelios
2nd April 2004, 08:35 AM
I have my good and I have my bad days with caffeine intake. I usually get it from tea and mostly coffee. Need my fix every day. :)

Ug
2nd April 2004, 09:31 AM
mmm... Tea.

spectrumver1
2nd April 2004, 11:37 PM
I think there isn't a single moment in the day that I don't have a coffee cup in my hand. I have to piss about every 1/2 hour and each time I expect my piss to be black, like my coffee.

Since I moved to the desert (Las Vegas for those who don't know me), I've dropped pop right off my list of drinks...water only...coffee is water, based, right?

I average about 22 cups of coffee a day.

Ug
3rd April 2004, 07:34 PM
You're still alive?

spectrumver1
4th April 2004, 01:18 AM
Yeah, I still live. The raisin bran for breakfast, red meat and potatoes for dinner, and the cheez-it's throughout the day take care of me nutritionally. I also like my spinach.

Note: Spinach with coffee to drink takes a little while to get used to, but if you're like me, it's absolute bliss.

Lindy
4th April 2004, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by spectrumver1
I average about 22 cups of coffee a day.

Whew, and I thought I was hardcore! :p

Ug
4th April 2004, 08:30 AM
Popeye eh?

Lindy
4th April 2004, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Ug
Popeye eh?

Literally.... I developed my coffee habit in the navy:D

Ug
4th April 2004, 09:13 AM
lol, I'm hoping to join the armed forces in a few years as an officer.

NeilO
5th April 2004, 05:56 PM
Gidday spectrumver1,

You ARE weird!

Strong coffee with lotsa milk and dark chocolate keeps the 'headlights' blazing on the highway overnight.;)

spectrumver1
5th April 2004, 06:21 PM
weird? hmm, I've heard that one before....lemme recall the last few times:

* When I ate 25 hotdogs at an after school automotive club barbecue at my high school.

* When I was accused of smoking pot in high school and they wanted to search my bag, so I held it open and asked if the police liason wanted to smoke with me (they never did search for the ounce that was in there)

* When I boycotted the 2004 Super Bowl because of a copyright agreement stating that you could only use the term Super Bowl with express written permission from the NFL (Super Bowl, Super Bowl, Super Bowl)

* When I stated my opinion that we should set this anti-imperialism front aside and just take over the country and make it part of the US so that the American citizens can see (as it would then be US public record) how Bush is taking over the oil and selling it to the US for exhorbitant (sp?) amounts. If we took it over, lets just keep it.

* When I pissed all over a suitemates bed one drunken college night for hitting on my GF (who I'm almost married to now)

* When I was a little (LOT) inebriated and continuously was trying to give my brother and best friend wet-billy's (like a wet-willy, but with the belly button instead). I'm not sure my self, but I'm told I ate some belly button lint on accident

* When I wrote a 5,000 line program for a first year CSC course. It was a blackjack game and I wanted the computer to do what the house does here in Vegas...count cards. It was only version 1.0, but very hard to beat.

* For my obsession over the eloquence and simplicity of Dag's website

The list goes on, so....I guess....I am wierd....heh...and I was originally trying to refute this claim. Oh well, we're all something, right? Might as well be wierd.

Question, NeilO: are you a Silverchair fan and how much would it cost to get some vegemite and some of that chocolate spread stuff shipped here to Las Vegas. I'll pay for it all via paypal, or something, but how much do the cans/jars cost? I'll figure out shipping and send you the money if you don't mind shipping it.

Thnx,
Hasta

Ug
7th April 2004, 08:29 AM
Silverchair are fantastic. I saw them on the last night of their world tour in London in June last year. Easily the best gig i've ever been too.

And yes you are slightly odd. ;)

spectrumver1
7th April 2004, 05:21 PM
Saw silverchair at the Vic in Chicago right before the US release of Neon Ballroom. Not to get too off topic, but real quick:

The stage and everything went dark, and stayed dark for about five minutes, just when everyone was silent trying to figure everything out...the spotlight switched onto Ben hammering out the bass to Israel's Son, but that's all you could see. After two repeats, the lights flashed all over the place...house lights too Duhn-Duhn-Duhn-Duhn / Duhn-Duhn-Duhn-Duhn / Duhn-Duhn-Duhn-Duhn / DUUUHHHNNN
Duhn-Duhn-Derdadey, Doo-Dernaney

F*cking awesome.

I wonder if Daniel, Ben, or Chris use Linux. Their DJ guy (I forget his name now) uses a Mac cluster to edit and build his tracks.

Back to Fedora...sorry for the break in form.

fearl
28th April 2004, 01:02 AM
I voted "all the above", cept, well I don't use an IV, but the rest apply...

Have been known to go through a 24 pack of soda in a matter of hours, thats prolly my main provider :)

NeilO
9th May 2004, 08:38 PM
Sorry 'spectumvert' this reply has been so long coming. Just worked out how to get into PM.
I have heard of a shop in LA. that probably can help you. Would be better (cheeper) than sending stuff halfway 'round the world. Not sure what you mean by 'Chocolate spread'.
Suggest you try Google. I found:
http://www.about-australia-shop.com/
Be careful with 'Vegemite', try a little on your tongue first.
Silver...wot/who?? Sorry.
I'm a 60 yr old, 'Old Fart', my 21 yr old spoilt brat daughter calls me.
Waylon, Kriss, Tommy, Bobby, Buddy,Dolly',Emmy and a few others, do it for me.
Have fun.

Ug
9th May 2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by spectrumver1
Saw silverchair at the Vic in Chicago right before the US release of Neon Ballroom. Not to get too off topic, but real quick:

The stage and everything went dark, and stayed dark for about five minutes, just when everyone was silent trying to figure everything out...the spotlight switched onto Ben hammering out the bass to Israel's Son, but that's all you could see. After two repeats, the lights flashed all over the place...house lights too Duhn-Duhn-Duhn-Duhn / Duhn-Duhn-Duhn-Duhn / Duhn-Duhn-Duhn-Duhn / DUUUHHHNNN
Duhn-Duhn-Derdadey, Doo-Dernaney

F*cking awesome.

I wonder if Daniel, Ben, or Chris use Linux. Their DJ guy (I forget his name now) uses a Mac cluster to edit and build his tracks.

Back to Fedora...sorry for the break in form. I had my shirt ripped during Israel's son.

Drenon
12th May 2004, 06:26 PM
In general, prefer tea to coffee - reasonably well done with 1.5 sugars.

Fat Boy
17th May 2008, 12:40 PM
Yah, never knew about this shop in LA but when I was working and living in the US I got all the stuff I needed to keep me sain from a site and the stuff arrived in days.

Wayne
17th May 2008, 12:43 PM
Umm, you did look at the date of this thread, didn't you? 2004 was such a long time ago....

Thread closed.

Wayne