PDA

View Full Version : MPlayer plug-in

*desk*
27th April 2006, 05:52 PM
When I download a file from another web site using Firefox the mplayer plug-in (embedded video player for mozilla) appears and downloads the file..........but where do I find the file?
I'm sorry for asking such a basic question.
Thank you.

steve1961
27th April 2006, 06:06 PM
When I download a file from another web site using Firefox the mplayer plug-in (embedded video player for mozilla) appears and downloads the file..........but where do I find the file?
I'm sorry for asking such a basic question.
Thank you.

You need to right click and select save as if you want to download the file. If you just click on the file the mplayer plugin just plays the stream.

*desk*
27th April 2006, 06:09 PM
To explain further.......The sound file which I download does not play. The buttons are visible but when I press play...........it doesn't.

steve1961
27th April 2006, 06:18 PM
To explain further.......The sound file which I download does not play. The buttons are visible but when I press play...........it doesn't.

have you downloaded and installed all the codecs? See this how to if not:

http://stanton-finley.net/fedora_core_5_installation_notes.html

smfinley
27th April 2006, 06:20 PM
Right mouse click and select "Play".

*desk*
27th April 2006, 08:31 PM
Thank you both.....I have it now sorted. Presumably the file is not saved until you right click and save after it's downloaded, that's what got me puzzled.......It's a matter of understanding. However I'm learning and loving every moment of it. It helps so much when we have such an active Forum....thanks again.