PDA

View Full Version : Few Questions

twiistedkaos
24th April 2006, 08:16 PM
Alright, I've asked these questions multiple times but no one every answers them, maybe they aren't answerable, but in my honest opinion they are and should be easily answered. I have a Fat32 HDA harddrive mounted, butt he only user who can change all the permissions is root, but if I try to log off and change to nomral user I can not change permissions on the disk, I want my normal user to have full permission to this harddrive since it's nothing more than a web-server harddrive. Also, I do not have write access to my floppy drive, I am not sure why, I can only read them. And also, I want to disable GNOME's Session Manager but cannot find the option anywhere in order to do this, I find the session manager a useless peice of software and don't have much use of it myself.

Skinney
24th April 2006, 08:34 PM
why would you want to disable the session manager? besides i think that the session manager is a part of the gnome desktop(or any desktop for that matter) and that it can't be removed...
When it comes to your FAT 32 problem i think you have to make some changes to fstab or use chmod or chgrp on the harddrive itself but im no expert... anyway, you need root access to do it....

brandor
24th April 2006, 08:40 PM
You can answer all of your questions easily yourself with just a little searching here on the forums.

twiistedkaos
24th April 2006, 08:47 PM
You can answer all of your questions easily yourself with just a little searching here on the forums.
For one, I did. So there, I've searched multiple times but no solution works for me.

Skinney
24th April 2006, 08:48 PM
don't feel sad... i've never gotten help in the General Support thread... though everywhere else i've gotten help... its a curse i tell ya! lol, j/k

twiistedkaos
24th April 2006, 09:08 PM
Well since floppy's are automounted I am not sure how to change the permissions to this device, now If I did know how to do this, this problem would be solved. As for session-manager I can live with it. But for fat32, I have figured this problem out ,I mistakenly duplicated 0 0 which was causing a permoission problem somehow.