PDA

View Full Version : Any Anime fan here?

ezzetabi
21st April 2006, 08:42 PM
I was curious to know if there are some anime fan in a Linux Fedora forum.
I am a fan of many Japanese cartoons and comic book, the famous manga.
ATM I am seeing Karin and reading Claymore...

I even have a page devoted to a fan comic made by a friend of mine:
http://nakoruru.altervista.org/

So? I am the only one?

ComplexNumber
22nd April 2006, 12:42 AM
Any Anime fan here?
not likely. once you've seen one, you've seen them all. personally, i much prefer Tom and Jerry and The Simpsons for the simple reason that at least they have some personality.

GallComp
22nd April 2006, 03:45 AM
I was curious to know if there are some anime fan in a Linux Fedora forum.
I am a fan of many Japanese cartoons and comic book, the famous manga.
ATM I am seeing Karin and reading Claymore...

I even have a page devoted to a fan comic made by a friend of mine:
http://nakoruru.altervista.org/

So? I am the only one?
Well I know two of the staff members are huge anime fans, and actually that's how they initially meet each other... One is an Admin and the other is a CM... :) You are not alone in this world...

perry753
22nd April 2006, 04:39 AM
Hey,

I'm a fan of the Naruto anime series andwhich is pretty popular in Japan.

Thanks,
Perry

Coolerthanyou
22nd April 2006, 11:16 AM
only cowboy bebop.

Shadow Skill
26th April 2006, 06:04 AM
I am, you definetly are not alone.

Kirov-sama
26th April 2006, 06:07 AM
Anime fan right here. ^_^

daneel971
26th April 2006, 06:57 AM
Anime fan right here. ^_^
... and another one here :)

iamroot
26th April 2006, 08:26 AM
I used to watch Gundam SEED and SEED Destiny. Rather disappointing. I tend to stick to stuff like Family Guy and South Park.

sirkware
26th April 2006, 10:56 AM
Im a big anime fan!

Gundam series (Gundam Z, Wing, etc..)
Dragonball Z, GT
GhostFighter
Flame of Recca
Naruto
SlamDunk
Cooking Master Boy
Project D-Initial D

and a lot more.....

I dont agree with ComplexNumber
"once you've seen one, you've seen them all"

Anime has lots of story lines and sometimes much more complex than regular movies.

stormvice
26th April 2006, 11:21 AM
Another fan here :D

sailor
26th April 2006, 03:15 PM
My stepdaughter and stepson are both huge anime fans...so I have watched quite a few, but its not my cup of tea.
I am a simpsons, family guy, futurama fan though...:p

ezzetabi
27th April 2006, 03:19 PM
@Kirov-san, you also have a nice avatar.

@Sirware, well said! Did you ever seen Karin?
It is fansubbed at the moment, since it is not licensed outside Japan... ( www.baka-updates.com )

LocutusOfBorg
27th April 2006, 03:22 PM
Maybe we can start a good flame war about our preferred anime series... :D
Make this a poll, ezzetabi!

ezzetabi
27th April 2006, 03:32 PM
No, I dislike flame wars. And there is just too much anime for a sensate pool. I prefere everyone says its preference.
Like mine preference, Karin... I guess almost none even HEARD of it since it is very new.

So, what do YOU like?

LocutusOfBorg
27th April 2006, 03:41 PM
No, I dislike flame wars
It was a joke... :)
I like Ghost in the Shell, Monster, FullMetal Alchemist, Cowboy BeBop, GTO, hack./SIGN
... School Rumble, Beck, You're under arrest...
And all Miyazaky's movies

ezzetabi
27th April 2006, 04:11 PM
Good taste indeed.
I am also a fan of Miyazaki's movies ( www.nausicaa.net ), of GTO and of You're Under Arrest...
I'll Full Metal Alchemist and Ghost In the Shell... but atm I do not see them.

About Full... Do you know Full Metal Panic? I liked it, even if the third serie is too serious from my taste.

LocutusOfBorg
27th April 2006, 04:30 PM
Do you know Full Metal Panic?
I'm waiting for the 4th series...

Wishartz
27th April 2006, 04:44 PM
Full Metal Alchemist is defintley my favorite. The storyline is amazing.

ezzetabi
27th April 2006, 05:35 PM
@LocutosOfBorg has the 4th serie been annuced?

sirkware
28th April 2006, 02:46 AM
@Sirware, well said! Did you ever seen Karin?
It is fansubbed at the moment, since it is not licensed outside Japan... ( www.baka-updates.com )

I havent seen Karin. I am fan of most anime which portrays superhuman power's and with lots of fantastic fight scenes, like GhostFighter and Flame of Recca. DragonBalls series a legend to me..hahaha. And before I forgot, Kenshin Gemora of Samurai-X (cant remember its english title at the moment) - am such a huge fan of him..the hitten mitsurugi fighting style.. ;)

sirkware
28th April 2006, 02:47 AM
Have you guys know the cartoons The Avatar on Nikelodeon? I dont know if it can be considered an anime? But I do like its story line. :)

daneel971
28th April 2006, 06:48 AM
@LocutosOfBorg has the 4th serie been annuced?
AFAIK, not yet, but the "Second Raid" hasn't a real conclusion and and compared to the first season it has only half the episodes...
BTW: Locutos forgot to mention Wolf's Rain.

ezzetabi
28th April 2006, 11:09 AM
@daneel971, I have to disagree. The second raid is indeed a end, Gauron dies for sure this time... And he always is the real enemy. Moreover also the second season had less episodes. Btw, are you really from Italy?

@sirkware, haha... Good you haven't seen Karin then. It is a anime for girls, plenty of fun scenes and some mild love. You may not like it. The anime you meant is probably Ruroni Kenshin, strangely translated in Samurai X in some countries.
I liked its begin, the second part against the mummy was ok, I disliked the third, a part of the flashbacks of Kenshin's past that are good, is really a nonsense, the evil is a swordman strong without reason, other character are just meaningless... Boh...

daneel971
28th April 2006, 11:40 AM
Btw, are you really from Italy?
Yes - from Milano but living and working in Toscana.
... and Tessa's brother is a good candidate for a new "bad guy" in the series. Besides, Fumoffu is an alternate setting more than a sequel, so i don't consider it...

ezzetabi
28th April 2006, 03:20 PM
Understood, Tessa brother might me a new evil one, this is true. But he have not even a peice of the charm of Gauron. ;) About Fumoffu, it is not an alternate setting actually. It is more a single serie where they put all the fun scenes of the orginal novel.
If are interested you can see the probable temporal order for the episodes HERE (http://forum.gamesurf.tiscali.it/showthread.php?t=27746), in italian.

LocutusOfBorg
28th April 2006, 03:40 PM
Nice link. Try this
http://www.subitanime.it/lista_gruppi.php
My preferred info source is
http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=main

BTW, I have seen around the forum many anime avatar and in the screenshot section of the gallery many anime wallpapers (GitS, Evangelion... ). Our "tribe" is growing... :)

bigboss2200
29th April 2006, 09:44 AM
a big anime fan overhere :D..

ive watched many many seriese.. Full Metal Alchemist, Read or Die, Bleach, Lastexile, onegai twins, onegai teacher, etc etc ec...

ezzetabi
1st May 2006, 10:25 PM
Sorry, deleted.

GallComp
2nd May 2006, 03:52 AM
For every anime fan...
In particular Italians one. I enclosed the torrent for downloading 'Gunslinger Girl', it seems pretty interesting.
But overall, it is set in Italy. It is interesting see how Japanese see us...

A briefing of the story is: the italian government takes little children who had grave suffering (orphans, raped, suicidal) for training them as branwashed killers... Heriette is one of them.
OK sorry for this but I have to remove your torrent file... FedoraForum is located in the USA and Gunslinger Girl has been licenced in this country for that it is illegal the torrent distribution of this anime...

Please avoid posting links to torrents in this thread or it will be closed...

LocutusOfBorg
2nd May 2006, 06:39 AM
OK sorry for this but I have to remove your torrent file... FedoraForum is located in the USA and Gunslinger Girl has been licenced in this country for that it is illegal the torrent distribution of this anime...

Please avoid posting links to torrents in this thread or it will be closed...
I perfectly agree with this. And Gunslinger Girl is licensed even in Italy.

Scytale
2nd May 2006, 07:08 AM
Hmm i'm not a huge Anime fan, I like Evangellion, particullarly the movie, "End of Evangellion" it has some of the best animation I've ever seen, I especially like the parts were they cut between real world shots and animated shots, the whole thing had this really artsy feel to it and the dialogue was very interesting, starting going into the realms of phillosophy at some points, debating this like individuality and conciousness etc. My flatmate who is a much bigger anime fan then me hates it and to quote him "its an overly pretentious peice of rubbish", but I have to disagree, I really enjoy it.

I can't stand most other anime, particularly the stuff like Dragonball and Naruto, which my flat mate loves, it annoys the hell out of me.

Back in highschool our Japanese class watched a pretty good anime movie it was called Mononoke Hime, which translates to something like Princess Mononoke. Most of the plot escapes me something to do with Japanese mythology, but I remember the animation was really good.

daneel971
2nd May 2006, 07:17 AM
Well, I think anime is something that either you love or hate - tertium non datur.
The sequence i like most in "end of Evangelion" is the when Asuka destroy a dozen of Seele's evas...
As for Mononoke, is one of the best Miyazaky's movies.
I like even authors like Satoshi Kon (Perfect Blue, Millennium Actress, Paranoia Agent, Tokio Godfathers) and Makoto Shinkai (Hoshi no Koe, Beyond the Clouds).

ExCon
10th July 2006, 07:15 AM
Pare koi nakahanap din ako sa wakas ng pinoy d2 sa fedora forum , mahilig din ako sa anime kayulad mo pre heheheh!

martin.sourada
12th May 2007, 04:00 PM
Good taste indeed.
I am also a fan of Miyazaki's movies ( www.nausicaa.net ), of GTO and of You're Under Arrest...
I'll Full Metal Alchemist and Ghost In the Shell... but atm I do not see them.

About Full... Do you know Full Metal Panic? I liked it, even if the third serie is too serious from my taste.

Miyazaki is the best... I like everything he created. And recently I read his Nausicaa manga series. It is the very best, even better than the so-called anime.

daneel971
12th May 2007, 04:51 PM
The two recent gonzo movies are really great: Brave Story and "Toki wo kakeru shoujo"

13th May 2007, 04:20 PM
Perfect Blue was Awesome!!

and what? No mention of Bubble Gum Crisis, or La Blue Girl :p Shame on you all :P

bigbadwolf
13th May 2007, 07:15 PM
ANYONE interested in Anime should definitely watch - Death Note!!

It's awesome.
Just avoid spoilers at all costs.

codergeek42
13th May 2007, 08:10 PM
ANYONE interested in Anime should definitely watch - Death Note!!

It's awesome.
Just avoid spoilers at all costs.Yes. Even the last parts of episodes 25 and 26 are so much cooler in the anime than in the manga for it. Though, I highly recommend reading the manga as well.

I've become a huge fan of manga/anime recently. Among my favorites:

Ouran High School Host Club
Death Note
D.Gray-man
Bartender
Naruto
Bleach

Apparently, Full Metal Alchemist and Fruits Basket are also very good; so I'll try to grab a lot of those over the summer. :)

leadgolem
16th May 2007, 01:38 AM
Just to clarify, in the US Rouroni Kenshin was the series and Samurai X was the movie. I liked Samurai X but not series. I like Full Metal Alchemist, and Naruto. The Naruto Shippouden series has been awesome so far. I was a little disappointed in most of the late episodes of Naruto. Vampire Hunter D Blood Lust was good. Didn't care for the animation in Vampire Hunter D. Nausicaa of the Valley of the Winds was good. Hellsing was ok, but too repetitive for my tastes. Bleach looked alright, I haven't had the opportunity to see much. Lane was a serious mind twister. Tenjou Tenge was fairly good, but I got the impression it tried to be to many things to fast.

Do I like anime? Ya' think.

Coolerthanyou
16th May 2007, 06:17 AM
Perfect Blue was Awesome!!

and what? No mention of Bubble Gum Crisis, or La Blue Girl :p Shame on you all :P

BGC is old so I thought only new stuff was counted here. If not then I would have mentioned it among many others. Most of the new stuff today sucks though.

Wait, La Blue Girl??

More like La Blew Girl if yanno what I mean. :rolleyes:

16th May 2007, 06:47 AM
BGC is old so

yes it is old.. and old Mecha is Good Mecha ;)

More like La Blew Girl if yanno what I mean

Tehehehehehe

daneel971
27th May 2007, 06:20 PM
Among the latest releases, Dunnou Coil and Seirei no Moribito seem promising.