PDA

View Full Version : Flash Plugin Failure

Trapper
20th April 2006, 10:22 PM
I just did a new install of Core 5. For the life of me I am unable to get the flashplyer to work in Firefox. I have used Core 3 and Core 4 and had absolutely no difficulties installing the flash plugin in those versions. Is there something in Core 5 that I am unaware of concerning the plugin install? I've followed the install instruction to the letter several times but simply cannot get the flashplayer working.

Dridhas
20th April 2006, 10:49 PM
check this link,
i hope you might find it useful:

http://forums.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=103120&highlight=amsn

Firewing1
20th April 2006, 11:09 PM
First, let's get the newest Firefox:

yum update firefox -y
Next, browse to a page that require flash (miniclip.com is a easy one) and then click "Install additional plugins..." and follow the instructions there. Next, execute this in a terminal:

su -
mkdir -p /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fs/
ln -s /etc/X11/fs/config /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fs/config
restart Firefox and you're set.
Firewing1

Trapper
20th April 2006, 11:56 PM
Thanks for the link Dridhas. I did as it indicated there:

Go to Administration->Security Level and Firewall-> then under Selinux-> Compatibility and then you have to change the value to true of "Allow the use of shared libraries with Text Recolation"

The flashplayer started working as soon as I did that. Thanks much!

fvs
21st April 2006, 11:30 PM
Hello, I did download flashplayer and when I went to install it, I got this error message;
Your architecture, \'x86_64\', is not supported by the
Macromedia Flash Player installer.

Any suggestions, fvs

urzasrage
21st April 2006, 11:37 PM
There is no 64 bit flash player

fvs
21st April 2006, 11:44 PM
There is no 64 bit flash player
How can I get flashplayer? Isn't 64 bit backward compatiable?

pafinator11
22nd April 2006, 12:08 AM
fvs,
First you must install 32-bit firefox, then when you install the plugin, you must do it manually. The archive that you download from the macromedia website includes flashplayer.xpt and libflashplayer.so, copy these files to /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/ it should work fine.